The Site Layout Formatting page controls the style of the fonts that appear on the site. Open the page by clicking on [Site Layout] on the Edit Contents page.
Website pages are formatted based on each page's template . Each template potentially provides a different layout organization and appearance. All sites have two predefined templates for administrative pages and at least two templates for public pages. Some sites optionally have more templates defined. The home page template is numbered 0. The default template for all other public pages is numbered 1. Administrative templates include -1, which is used for all administrative pages, and -2, which is used for most administrative pop-ups, including the page editor.
The top of the Site Layout Formatting page presents a select list of available templates, as shown above. Selecting one presents a large form for editing the appearance of the selected template. The form has two main sections involving fonts and an optional third section involving cell spacing and backgrounds:
- The Font Styles section allows you to modify the appearance of fonts on pages with the selected template. You can set the font family, size, weight, style, color, line height, margin, padding, and background color. Size and margin are in units of points. Padding is in units of pixels. Line height is a percentage. Not all fonts support all possible variations.
- The Link Styles section allows you to modify the appearance of hyperlinks on pages with the selected template. You can set the color and decoration style for text hyperlinks as they appear normally and when the cursor is hovering over them.
- The optional Template Layout section allows you to control the appearance of the cells in the template's main page table. You can set cells' horizontal and vertical alignment, padding, background color, background image, and background-image repetition. Items appear as defined in the site's main layout file and as shown in the schematic that optionally appears at the bottom of the page. Template cells that contain inserted tables are shown outlined in yellow in the schematic.
All colors are entered using a pound sign ("#") followed by a six-digit hexadecimal color number. You can copy the color number from Photoshop's Color Picker pop-up. Because hyperlinks can contain fonts, all items that appear in the Link Styles section also appear in the Font Styles section. The color of text that appears in both is set in the Link Styles section and appears grayed-out in the Fonts section.
When editing the default page template (number 1), [Copy 0] buttons appear on the right edge of rows that have a corresponding item on the home page template (template number 0). When editing all other templates, [Copy 1] buttons appear on the right edge of rows that have a corresponding item on the default page template (template number 1). These buttons make it easier to maintain a consistent style for the same item on different templates.
Depending on the layout of your site, the form may contain rows for the following items:
- Page Title : the title typically shown at the top of the main body of text on a page.
- Side Menu Title : the title shown at the top of non-hierarchical side menus.
- Side Menu Item : items on non-hierarchical side menus.
- Side Menu Item 1 : first-level items on hierarchical side menus.
- Side Menu Item 2 : second-level items on hierarchical side menus.
- Side Menu Item Default : the default for all other items in hierarchical side menus.
- Side Menu Extras : the "Print" and "Email" items typically shown at the bottom of side menus.
- Horizontal Menu : the horizontal menu typically shown at the top and bottom of most pages.
- Backup Menu : the backup menu.
- Section Heading 1 : first-level section headings
- Section Heading 2 : second-level section headings
- Section Heading 3 : third-level section headings
- Section Heading 4 : fourth-level section headings.
- Section Heading 5 : fifth-level section heading.
- Paragraph : normal paragraphs.
- Zero Paragraph : zero-space paragraphs.
- All List Items : text that appears in bullet and numbered lists.
- Tables w/o para. : text that appears in tables without a paragraph type specified.
- Copyright Block : the copyright block that typically appears at the bottom of pages.
- Site Map : entries on the Site Map page and on the administrative Edit page.
- Sorted Table Label : column labels on sorted tables.
- Sorted Odd Rows : odd numbered rows on sorted tables.
- Sorted Even Rows : even numbered rows on sorted tables.
- Default Font : the default font used when no other style has been specified.
- Admin. Buttons : administrative [Buttons].
- Admin. Text : most text on administrative pages.
- Admin Legend : the legend at the top of fieldsets on administrative pages.